Rebecca Windle

Rebecca Windle
it's me

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

1st Row 50 Yard Line...That's what I'm talking about!

So, I am going to the ZZ Top - Houston Livestock and Rodeo - Concert this Sunday and will be sitting on the 1st row, 50 yard line with my sister Jenny, her boyfriend nate and my roommate Maari! I would say that life can't get much better than this but really it can and it will because Jesus is coming back! BUT seriously, this is amazing, inexpressibly cool and now i am at a loss of what to wear. I mean, it's not like i go to the Rodeo every weekend and though i live in Texas it doesn't mean i own a pair of boots. i think jeans and t-shirt would work but having tickets like that, i wonder if they would be suspicious of me considering my dress vs. the value of the seats. hmmm... if you have any thoughts, let me know.

ha! as a side note, i am not even sure if anyone will ever read this blog. i dont even know who i am really talking to other than myself. and, i am okay with that. i told my roommate i would start one of these because it was on my mind to do it and good intentions don't mean anything unless actions are involved. So maybe this will make an impact on a few hearts, one being mine, and that is good. i hope to positively influence the lives of others by being myself in this small virtual space.

Something i learned as i prayer walked the streets of my neighborhood this morning: "Don't forget about the unseen world which coincides with what you are seeing right now." Distractions keep me from understanding that God is here, He is moving, He has these families in these houses in mind, He loves Austin, though i see pain He is lavishing His love... keep holding on to a HOPE for Austin, and keep praying, dont get discouraged... He hears me and He is answering. Today is a good day because it's new and God is in it. i choose to believe that God is good, all the time no matter how shattered i feel at moments. He is good.

I have found friends with this same heart and we are praying together on Monday nights. Times like these satisfy my soul like no other moment apart from God. If you don't know God, you may not understand this but I sure hope that one day you discover that God loves you, He has always loved you and will always love you. I hope it's today.

No comments:

Post a Comment