You being you is what I need. It's what the people around you need. It's how you release love to the world. You being you, whether I know you or not, changes me. God created people with passions, expression, personalities and desires that when put all together makes each of us unique and masterpieces in His hands. I say in His hands because it is in His hands that we continue to find out who we are. If God made us, He will show us how we are to be used, direct our hearts in His divine direction and equip us for our next step.
Faith... it's what pleases God (Hebrews 11), yet currently is challenging the heck out of me. I asked the Lord, "Haven't we been through this challenge before and didn't i pass the test?" and I feel like He is saying, "Yes, we have been here. Yes, you passed that test. BUT I want more for you and there is so much more. Do you want to see more?"
"Yes Lord! I want to see more and I want more of You. You are my reason, my life, my love and my all. Only You can satisfy this heart of mine. I never want to stop learning from You. Increase my faith and put me in situations that make that possible."
I love God and everything I learn from Him I intend to live it on Earth.
The other night some girlfriends and I were hanging out at Starbucks when God introduced us to a woman who was obviously in need of a loving God who is who He says He is, Provider. She was actually praying to Him when we came up to her. She had no where to sleep for the evening and God gave me a deeper compassion for her than i have felt for a stranger in a long time. It confirmed to me that God is going deeper in me and showing me how to trust Him more. As for this lovely woman, who is desperate for God and trying to turn her life around, God continues to ask me, "Do you think I will take care of her?" And, my response, "Lord, your Word says that You are our Provider and that You are near to the ones You love. You hear her cries, You know her heart, You care deeply for her, what I feel is only a fraction of the love You have for her...and it is Your word that I must have faith in. You ARE taking care of her. That is why we were there. Thank you Lord for letting us in on this plan for her life. Increase my faith for a prosperous, addiction free, love filled life for her. Nothing is impossible for you." So now, i tell the Lord again, I trust Him and will do whatever He tells me to do in this situation. I am learning and have to keep telling Him how much I trust Him as i think about all of my circumstances. There are a lot of places I need to trust Him in as I am on this Journey of "Being Me."
So, currently I am learning about...
1) Faith, which pleases God.
2) Identity: Being ourselves is how we love the world. Me writing songs, singing on stage, playing my guitar, going to worship gathering, learning about the God's Kingdom, prophesying....all me being me. Developing my gifts is not just for me but for others...i release God's love through being me and desiring more of God
3) What i have is not my own
4) Every stranger to me, is not a stranger to God. Loving the stranger...
5) I become who I imagine myself to be
6) Looking at tomorrow with today's grace will cause me to fall short and worry
7) I am in this world to win back mankind to the Kingdom of God. He is who we all long for and many of us just don't realize it. Oh Lord, help me represent You to the world. I want to LOVE WELL...
Bless you with encouragement, peace in being you and love today
Rebecca
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

When I saw your blog,
ReplyDeleteJesus gave me a verse for you.
Luke Chapter 1 verse 45
God bless you and your family.
Greetings from Jan Samuel from Norway.
incredibly encouraged by you Jan. thank you for listening to the Lord. i am cherishing His word to me. Bless you
ReplyDelete