Rebecca Windle

Rebecca Windle
it's me

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I was really ON THE MOVE

So, my intention with this blog was to write about my experiences because this summer was full of activity, fun, challenges, changes, family time, moving cities, and discoveries. However, though journaled in my personal "diary" of sorts, it never reached the blog for you to read. If you know me, you have heard some of the stories. If you have asked me, and dont know me, I have shared with you all the same. If you haven't asked and keep looking at this blog to find out "what's going on with me", i apologize for leaving you in the dark.

Here is something that is true. My experiences have formed me and I am a new person. Daily, I am new. Whether you have heard it through word or through reading a story, you will experience what I have gone through by just being around me and getting to know me. I look forward to sharing with you.

So, this past weekend was my last trip out of Austin until i plan my next. I was in Waco, TX for the David Crowder Fantastical Church Music Conference and it was, of course, life changing. How? This is how...

1. I attended a conference that i knew God wanted me to attend and therefore, it's an automatic life changing experience.
2. I went in just expecting to learn something fresh from God through singers, songwriters, bands, and people i met in the crowd who were there for the same purpose. I was open to every possibility.

What was the most impacting?
1. Knowing God was with me
2. Recognizing that songs will come out of my life with God. I want to write God songs, I need to know God. (simple, i know!)
3. Not picking a option, is an option. This was very restful. I am not supposed to always be "on the move". I think I am entering a period of time set aside for journaling, blogging, resting, and just knowing God is God. If this takes away some of my social time, awesome! I just want to be with God and write, sing for him.
4. Get to know myself and realize that what i have is for those around me. I do not desire to become better at what I love to do for myself but for you. I am here to give what has been so graciously given to me. God is working on making this an even more natural overflow of our current relationship.
5. Matt Redman's life and the way he presented himself was refreshing. I related with him above all due to similar experiences and approaches to music and "i took a breath". I am so thankful that we are not all gifted in "everything". I am thankful that i did not go to school for music and to be a worship leader, going to school is not a prerequisite. I really struggled with not knowing much about "music" and am still figuring my way forward BUT, I AM MOVING FORWARD. Praise God! God's calling is my only prerequisite. He will equip me if I say "YES" to Him. And I say, "Yes Lord"

So, that is me right now. And me being me is how i can love this world. I feel like I am currently in "God's School of Music" which involves many people and conferences like these. I would love you to be you and then we can love this world together. We need love.

bless you.

1 comment:

  1. All your talk about moving and about moving in different ways makes me think of how the Spirit of God moves. In the Gospel of John, the Spirit of God "came down" (Luke 3:22) and in the very beginning of the world, the Spirit of God was "moving over the waters" (Genesis 1:2). God is always on the move. We even say it: "God is on the move!" (Just like Aslan was said to be "on the move" in the Narnia books.)

    Becky, you've had some neat moves recently. Moving to New Braunfels and back. Moving to Barrow Ave. Being on the move for a week to Italy and France for a vacation. Being on the move to Waco. And all these moves are in the natural. Even if in the natural you don't move so much, and you rest and relax and breathe and sing and write and sip coffee, I know that you are still moving... closer to the heart of God. And that is the most wonderful move of all: when the Spirit of God moves more and more over the surface of your heart, and when HE moves in you and through you.

    I am excited about the new season that you feel is beginning.

    Your friend,
    Tim

    ReplyDelete