Rebecca Windle

Rebecca Windle
it's me

Thursday, June 3, 2010

A few more days till Haiti...

I am not sure what to think about the adventure ahead of me aside from the fact that I am thankful that God is letting me go. I believe that everything planned for me is because of God's planning in my life and going to Haiti is a part of it.

Details, details, details consume my mind as i get ready for the trip and make sure all of our basis are covered as a team. Leading a trip means more responsibility and I don't take it lightly knowing that each person represents a multitude of people who have invested something in them at some point of their life and who are standing with them now, proud of this adventure they are about to embark on. Believe me, each of my teammates are a gift and lacking in one of them on this trip would cripple us. I am thankful that God has chosen each of us for such a mission as this, and I can't wait to see what happens with each of us over the next two weeks! (good description of what we are doing can be found at www.haititransformed.org)

Lord, i pray that we would see as you see, speak as you would speak and have ears to hear Your voice for our future haitian friends. We don't go believing we have all the answers but we go knowing that You are with us, You have the answers, You love these people way more than we could ever try to love them and that You will answer some of their cries through us. Here we are Lord...do what you want to do with us.

I am thankful. I am who I am because of challenges I have faced, failures i have endured and prayers of others who have kept me in a forward motion through love, encouragement and believing in me.

This past year, the Lord changed my life through a loving small group who truly believes in me. That feeling, the feeling of someone believing in me, is one of the most encouraging feelings i have ever felt. I am now a new person because of others seeing more in me than I could see in myself. I am thankful and dependent on God to help me follow through with every task i am given to do.

I trust the Lord, with this trip and with my future. Nothing can separate me from His love (romans 8:38-39) and because He loved me first, it is my LIFE to love well for His sake. If you have made it this far in this blog, pray for us and keep us in your prayers. We are doing kingdom work and we need to be reminded of where our strength comes from. Bless you too. May the Lord keep you close to His heart. You are loved, you know that? If you don't, i would love to tell you in person because it is true. Bless you today and i pray that God would show you how much you are loved. Thank you for reading this and thank you for being a friend.

Rebecca/Becky/Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment